Highbush Blueberry Products
Cultivated blueberries are available in a wide range of products, co products and by products just right for the food processing industry. Keep an eye out here for information and specifications on:
- Fresh Blueberries - The consumer favorite, just right for use on top of cakes and fresh baked items.
- IQF Frozen Blueberries - Fresh blueberries are individually quick frozen to give a field fresh fruit, which maintains individual identity. Just right for integration into muffins and other bakery products.
- Straight Pack - Blueberries are frozen right in the container. This product is used by bakers to make wonderful fillings. Yogurt manufacturers use this as a fruit flavor.
- Puree - This crushed and pasteurized liquid is great for confectionery products, and also beverages! Makes a great beer too!
- Blueberry Concentrate - A 65 Brix liquid used in the beverage industry and for other uses where a shelf stable liquid is needed.
- Essence - The flavor of blueberry for an intense boost of flavor.
- Canned Blueberries - You can buy blueberries in various forms from water packed to fillings such as Danish and fruit fillings and toppings. Look for the fillings with the most fruit! Your consumers will notice!
- Dried Blueberries - This exciting new product is made by removing most moisture from the blueberry. It imparts an intense fruit flavor and works well in dry mixes and other applications. Available with or without infused sugar, also diced.
- Freeze Dried/Drum Dried - For those high tech applications you need a high tech product such as dried blueberries. Dried blueberries have a moisture level of around 2-3 percent. Freeze-dried blueberries maintain fruit size, drum dried can be made into a powder or flakes.
- Fruit Chips and Bits - New technologies are now offering composite bits of blueberries with substantial amounts of fruit! These chips and bits work well where fresh and frozen fruit will not fit.
Blueberry Containing Products
- Baking: Blueberries are an all time favorite in our all American Blueberry pie pastries and cakes. Fresh blueberries can be used to top a delicious cake we call the shortcake!
- Confectionery: In Asia, consumers believe that blueberries help improve eyesight. Stores feature a whole range of candies that include blueberry juice.
- Beverages: Blueberry juice is fast becoming a mainstream item in Iceland and the USA. A chain store called Trader Joes has recently introduced a 100 percent blueberry juice drink.
Norway and countries around the world, blueberries are transformed into a number of products: